Wednesday, September 5, 2012

America, America?

My mind has been pondering upon the creation of America, it's history, and the people and principles that made America possible. I think Americans (myself included) do not fully appreciate or grasp what the Founders sacrificed and did for this country. These were men from different backgrounds of life who were very educated and familiar with history, philosophy, and governments of the past. They were farmers, businessmen, lawyers, public officers, and merchants. They wanted freedom from tyranny and even though they came from different backgrounds and had different ideologies they came together for one single cause: freedom. They were branded as traitors and if they were to be captured they would be sentenced to death. These men gave everything they had: some lost their homes, their living, and in some cases family members and even their own lives.

Would Americans do that today for our country?

Honestly I feel some would but many would not. What disturbs me is the lack knowledge in people concerning what is going on in the world. I especially find it annoying when people I knew/know in high school on Facebook under political beliefs say the following: "None, What?, Who cares, What my parents believe." The future of America ladies and gentlemen.

We do not live in a Utopian society where everything is perfect and will be perfect. If nobody cares the United States will fail. I hope people will start caring more and get more involved in the government process on local, state, and federal level, myself included, to help preserve this nation and actually have a clue of what's going on instead of blindly listening and believing the media.
America the beautiful! Let's keep it that way.

-A. Goose

Some good questions to ask ourselves:

How can I personally be more informed on current national and world wide issues?
How can I personally be more involved in politics on a local, state, and federal level?

Leave a creative or interesting comment below. (RWJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment